Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Grandpy Would Be Proud (If Only He Knew What A Blog Is)

Wow! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now, give me a moment...

There are a few blogs I read regularly. Blogs really are a weird phenomenon. It's like being able to read someone's journal. You develop a kinship with people you've never met. You find yourself cheering them on through adventures and consoling them when things go south. Normally, I stay on the sidelines. I don't comment a lot or interact much with the bloggers, but I always follow along.

The other day, one of the bloggers I follow, Emilie, posted about needing decorating advice. Now, I'm no expert but I'm no slouch either. And lately I've been trying to spruce up my house. So when she made the request for help, I answered. I had so much to say that I ended up sending her an email rather than a blog comment. I felt kind of nervous spouting off about decorating and telling someone else what to do, but I trudged on anyway.

This morning, when I checked through my blogs as I normally do, here is what I found. All I can say is holy cr*p! I'm a little embarassed and very honored!

P.S. I get a little word-nerdy with my prose (and a little wordy!). This would make my grandfather (known for turning a short story long) very proud!

No comments: