Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Let's See If I Can Do This...

For a long time now, I have followed along as Ali Edwards documents the month of December in her December Daily projects. Each year, I fantasize about making my own album. I even start out the month taking photos each day and documenting our lives. It never lasts. Some years I get all the way to the 10th, other years I'm lucky if I remember it's December.

This year I'm trying it again. I would say that I. AM. GOING. TO. DO. IT! But, let's be honest, I'm probably not going to capture a month's worth of photos and memories. OR. I might get the photos and journaling done, but never actually make an album. I'm just being honest here. I like to start projects - I'm just not very good at finishing them. Regardless, here goes:

December 1, 2010:
Spent an hour helping in Elliot's classroom and the rest of the day at Kids On Broadway.

Why? I ask myself the same question ALL. THE. TIME! And the simple answer is that I want them to have a sense of community. I want them to grow up with a family (both by choice and by chance) larger than the four of us. I want them to know we support them, their interests and their education. And I want to do the same for the other people in our community.

So we're working our rears off! Both kids were super-troopers at practice. They kept themselves entertained and were in good spirits the whole time. What a blessing it was not to have to worry about them constantly.

It was a long, exhausting day, but good for the spirit and the community!

No comments: