Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Celebrity Green Drinks

Dr. Oz recently shared the recipe for the green drink he enjoys every morning. And Martha Stewart also has a recipe she enjoys. So I thought I'd give them a try and see which one I like the best. Here are a few I found:

Mehmet's Recipe:
2 cups spinach
2 cups cucumber
1 head celery
1/2 inch or teaspoon ginger root
1 bunch parsley
2 apples
juice of 1 lime
juice of 1/2 lemon

Combine all ingredients together in a blender. This makes approximately 28-30 ounces, or 3-4 servings.

Martha's Recipe:
2 cups spinach
2 english cucumbers
1 green pear, such as Anjou, halved
2 slices lemon
1 (1-inch) piece ginger

Juice all ingredients together in a juicer. Stir and serve.

Donna Karan's Recipe:
5 apples
1/2 bunch celery
1/2 bulb fennel
1 cucumber
1/2 head romaine lettuce
1 (1-to-2-inch piece) ginger root
1 lemon, peeled
2 cups kale, spinach leaves or parsley sprigs

Juice all ingredients together in a juicer. Divide evenly between two glasses and serve.

The Verdict:

Hands down Martha's recipe wins. I'm sure a large part of her win is the difference between juicing and blending the foods. I don't have a super-duper blender, so there was a texture to my "Dr. Oz drink" that I didn't find appealing. Donna's was a close second to Martha's, but some of her ingredients were foods I don't normally have on-hand. And, therefore, Donna's score was deducted for unusual ingredients. So, Martha wins again!

No comments: