Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

How Is It Possible

How is it possible that a child of mine, who ate exactly what I ate for nine months, came out liking broccoli and brussels sprouts?
Elliot and I went grocery shopping together the other day and he created quite a stir in the produce section as he ran around finding the vegetables he likes and begging me to buy some. One woman even commented on how wonderful it was that I had a child who liked vegetables. Per Elliot's requests, we bought brussels sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, assorted lettuce/greens and a cucumber. We also bought a lot of fruit, which his sister is excellent at putting back.

I'm sure it has very little to do with me, but I'm proud that my children like fruits and vegetables. I know I can't make my kids like them, but I'm glad they're at least trying them.

1 comment:

Tanianne said...

I think they get that from me, Lib.