Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2007

I should have known better...

My girlfriends and I sponsored a family in need this holiday season. Each person bought gifts for a member of the sponsor family and I was in charge of wrapping the gifts. It seemed like a great idea to get all of the presents to one location, wrapped and delivered together. It seemed like a good idea at the time. But I forgot that one of the sponsor kids is the same age as Elliot and her wish list had some good stuff on it!

Elliot found the "letter book" for Ladarah and commandeered it for himself. He was very upset when I wrapped it and DID NOT want the special girl to have his toy.

He eventually got over it when he realized that he could just ask Santa for a letter book. The special girl could have his toy as long as the big man brought him a replacement. So ever since the plastic, talking toy graced our doorstep all I have heard about is getting a letter book from Santa.

Normally, I don't think Santa would mind that a child REALLY wanted one toy. Especially a toy that doesn't cost too much and is educational. Except that Santa already got all of Elliot's toys. Santa figured that since Elliot is such an easy-going kid and hadn't expressed interest in anything in particular, Santa could get whatever Santa wanted. Boy, was Santa wrong! Santa should have known that he couldn't get through Christmas without at least one demand. And all I have to say is there better be a letter book under the tree on the 25th or Santa's going to be in big trouble with one little boy!

No comments: