Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2007

No Such Thing

A few weeks ago, I gave Elliot a toy catalog from a major retailer. I hoped that by giving him the catalog to look at, he'd get some ideas for things he wanted Santa to bring. No such luck. He looked at the pictures and made up stories about what was happening, he asked if he could "borrow" some of the toys, but he didn't want Santa to bring him anything. He thought the catalog was the gift. He brought his "magazine" to bed with him. He hugged it and loved it and called it his own. He broke down in tears when he thought it would be thrown away after he'd been sick ("But, honey, it has VOMIT on it!").

Since he was pretty nonchalant about what toys he wanted, I thought Santa and I could get Elliot whatever we wanted. I thought we were in the clear because he seems to like everything. Then he saw the letter book and had to have it. Okay, so Santa can handle a letter book.

Now he wants more. Today I asked Elliot what Santa was going to bring him on Christmas morning (just to make sure he still wanted the letter book) and he told me "a letter book, a marble slide, 'Harold the Helpful Horse' book and a comic book stawing Ewiot!"

WHAT?!?!?!

So the letter book was no surprise. But the rest of it? Hopefully Santa knows what he's talking about because I don't have a clue. His little magazine doesn't feature any marble slides, I haven't seen any commercials for "Harold the Helpful Horse" and since when does he like comic books? He gets scared when Nemo's mom dies!

I'm really hoping Santa can pull through on this one because I did a google search and there is no such thing as a "Harold the Helpful Horse." No. Such. Thing.

No comments: